In an effort to spice it up a bit I made this salsa go-with. It is absolutely perfect on salmon. Even so, my son didn' t eat it. Had he tasted it I am sure he would have...
Serves 3, adapted from Traeger Grill Recipes
- 2 fresh mangos, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 onion, cut into small dice
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced and then quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave syrup, or more to taste
- 2-3 salmon steaks
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mix all salsa ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Set the oven to broil with the rack close to the heat. Rinse salmon steaks. Pat them dry. Rub olive oil all over the steaks. Salt and pepper each side. Broil each salmon steak, skin side up for 5 minutes. Turn over and cook another five minutes.
- Serve salsa on the side or smother the fish with it - yum