Thursday, December 13, 2012

no-bake peanut butter cookies


At my house we try to keep our sweets to a minimum. This is particularly hard for me, I have a mean sweet tooth. But fruit can be pretty sweet, especially grapes. So, we eat mostly fruit for dessert: berries, dried mango (Trader Joe's has a really nice one with no added sugar), apple-pear slices, but every now and again I need something more hearty, more crunchy, more... well... more sweet.

This cookie is the perfect solution. It would probably be even better dipped in chocolate, but I'll leave that to you.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies {adapted from Oh, Ladycakes}:
1 cup raw, unsalted almonds
1 cup dried dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey

Put all ingredients in a food processor and run until well blended. Roll into balls and flatten with a fork. You might want to adjust the ratios. Mine came out kind of crumbly but they still tasted great.

1 comment:

  1. I have an epic sweet tooth also! These are almost like larabar cookies...which I love.

    ReplyDelete