Monday, April 7, 2014

breakfast cleanse smoothie


I am not a fan of fruit juices.

I mean, I like them well enough, but I feel like if you want to eat a fruit, eat a fruit. The fiber is half the benefit of them.

But lately, and I am guessing you too, have been feeling the winter dull drums.

In need of a pick me up, I tried out a juice cleanse a colleague of mine is on.

I only did one full day of the 3 day cleanse. Not because I wasn't liking it, or starving, but because it was my birthday and I had dinner plans - more on that later.

One day on the Dr. Oz Cleanse is not all that different than my usual diet, only it is in liquid form. Never-the-less I feel great after just one day. My lingering congestion is gone. My skin has cleared up. I feel more energetic. Not sure if this psychosomatic (the green tea did wonders for me and the prescribed Epsom Salt/Lavender oil bath was heavenly), but don't really care.

Here is the breakfast one. I adapted it a bit to suit what I had in the house.

Breakfast Cleanse Smoothie
Makes one smoothie, adapted from Dr. Oz

Ingredients
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup kale
  • 1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
Instructions
  1. Blend all ingredients together. Drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment