Sorry for the initial brevity... Monday can be a you-know-what.
This past weekend we went to The Children's Museum of the Arts. I cannot believe I'd only just heard of this year, considering the fact that it has been around since the 80's!! How does that happen?
Any way, it was really cool. It is not so much a museum, in the way the Met or MoMa is, but rather a large professional artist studio where kids can engage in all kinds of art projects, ongoing throughout the day. We took advantage of all they had to offer and came home with a shopping bag full of projects, including a necklace, T-rex sculpture and various paintings.
Brussels Sprout Slaw
Serves 4-6, adapted from Cookie + Kate
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
Honey mustard dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Shred the sprouts: First, cut off the tough ends of the sprouts and any browning outer leaves. Then shred them in a food processor using the grating or slicing, pressing the sprouts against the blade with the provided plastic pusher.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic until emulsified. In a medium serving bowl, toss the shredded sprouts with the almonds, raisins, cheese and dressing. Serve.